CITY PALATE IS HIRING!
As Calgary’s preeminent culinary publication, we know a thing or two about providing a creative and collaborative work environment. For the last 25 years, City Palate has been the flavour of Calgary’s food scene. If you are an entrepreneurial minded, self-starter who is results driven and plays well with others, this could be the start of something big and we’d like to meet you.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
City Palate is a bi-monthly publication celebrating Calgary’s food culture, written for people who are passionately interested in good food and drink. Our contributors include professional writers and professional food people who write food- and drink-related articles on the basis of seasonality and what’s happening on Calgary’s culinary scene with, as often as possible, a local focus.
City Palate informs and educates, entertains and provokes, as it brings together the producers, sellers and lovers of everything to do with good food, good drink and the good life.
Every two months, 36,000 copies of City Palate are distributed through more than 300 food-oriented locations across Calgary and area, including Canmore, Banff, High River, Airdrie, Cochrane, Okotoks, Black Diamond, Millarville, Priddis and Bragg Creek.
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Analyze the market’s potential, track sales and provide status reports
- Provide management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends
- Continuously improve through feedback
- 2 years work experience as a sales representative
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the clients needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Have a smart phone and computer with internet access
- Have a valid driver’s license and your own vehicle